Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Witch of Painted Sorrows by M.J. Rose

The Witch of Painted Sorrows (The Daughters of La Lune #1)The Witch of Painted Sorrows by M.J. Rose

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Not nearly as good as I was expecting. The writing is very beautiful, I must concede that, but the prose was lacking. The story itself is very long and felt like it just kind of meandered when it could have been more concise. This book would have been better if it had followed the form of sculpture and chipped away, leaving the essentials, instead of modeling after a painting, with layers and layers of pigment. I really don't think it needed to be as long as it was. The ending was abrupt and lacking as well. Disappointed.

This honest review is in exchange for a free e-galley from Netgalley.com.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment