Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Death of Caesar: The Story of History's Most Famous Assassination by Barry Strauss

The Death of Caesar: The Story of History’s Most Famous AssassinationThe Death of Caesar: The Story of History’s Most Famous Assassination by Barry Strauss

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book wasn't the most easy read but it was still pretty accessible. It seemed to jump around a bit and give you bits of stories instead of the whole thing but it was definitely a learning lesson for me. I didn't realize that most of what we accept as fact about Caesar's death is a lot of speculation. There are several different versions of all the events of this time, varying according the to particular politics of the writer. Most of what we believe to be true of the story comes from Shakespeare, and he was a famous embellisher. An interesting read. Mainly it taught me that I don't know everything I thought I knew.

This review is thanks to a free copy obtained from Goodreads First Reads.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment